Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Love Stories: Part 1



Israel is full of beautiful love stories. Here is one of my favorites.

"I met my wife in Belgium. She was working in a cafe and when I walked in, she had just finished closing. I was exhausted and hungry and before I could beg her for a quick bite, she said to me 'I am going to cook you dinner because I saw you on the Temple Mount in Israel and fell in love with you then.' I had never been to Israel and had no desire to ever go. But, she was beautiful, and cooking for me and I let her believe whatever she wanted to believe. I ate, we spoke and then went out separate ways. A year later, my father got re-married. His new wife was an artist and she wanted to travel the world to paint. I accompanied them and we ended up in Israel. My father's new wife's family owned a restaurant in Jerusalem and while we were there, her Uncle passed away and we inherited this small cafe that was not more than 10 steps away from the Temple Mount. I would go out every morning to walk and enjoy the view of Jerusalem when I walked into that same beautiful woman who had made me dinner in Belgium a year ago. We were married two days later and spent the next 10 years running our cafe and excavating the area around us, practicing art and living her dream."

No comments:

Post a Comment