Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Brother in Arms

I am blown away by depth within this website omanoot.com created by Edoe Cohen. I heard about it in a recent forbes article and was genuinely intrigued. If one replaced the names mentioned in the article I'd swear it sounds just like us but based in Israel. I already streamed a few films that showcase Israel's diverse culture ("jericho's echo: punk rick in the holy land" & "the stone garden"). I really think that this quote says it all about what Israel is all about, “Everybody knows about Israeli technology and start-ups. But the same creative energy is going into the arts as well.”

The site is brimming with expressions of the basic freedoms of expression that aren't available in neighboring countries and this makes me swell with pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment